Welcome to Our Blog! If you managed to find your way here, please drop us an email and let us know. Thank you!
Please click the links to open each blog entry:-
- 01-Oct-2020 : Keep your distance!!!Machynlleth in the national press…
- 20-Sep-2020 : Today we went for a splash…Today Jeremy and I went for a swim in the sea at Tywyn…
- 16-Sep-2020 : Melinbyrhedyn in 1888-1913 and 1955-1961I came across this Web site which has old maps of Melinbyrhedyn from 1888-1913 and 1955-1961. They have two layers and can be scrolled and zoomed…
- 14-Sep-2020 : The Led Zeppelin connectionBron Yr Aur: the cottage in Machynlleth where Robert Plant and Jimmy Page wrote ‘Stairway to Heaven’.
- 13-Sep-2020 : What’s On In and Around MachynllethLinks to a few Facebook groups which might be interesting if you live in or around Machynlleth.
- 18-Aug-2020 : Machynlleth mine exploration attraction reopensCorris Mine Explorers, an award winning underground attraction near Machynlleth, has reopened to visitors following the Chinese Bat Flu lockdown restrictions.
- 16-Aug-2020 : Machynlleth market shoppers urged to use ‘common sense’Criticism of safety measures in place at the weekly market have been met with a strong defence by the clerk to Machynlleth Town Council. Clerk Jim Griffiths hit back at criticism of social distancing and other measures at the market, stating that people needed to use common sense.
- 05-Jul-2020 : Rescuers stretcher woman from riverside path after fallA woman has been taken to hospital after suffering an ankle injury on a riverside path.
- 17-Mar-2020 : Machynlleth Comedy Festival cancelled due to coronavirusMachynlleth Comedy Festival is the latest big name event in Wales to be cancelled due to the continuing coronavirus outbreak. Organisers of the festival, which attracts some of the biggest names in comedy and thousands of fans from all over the UK and beyond, made the announcement on Tuesday morning.
- 01-Apr-2019 : Juggling a chainsawI juggled a live, running, sharp chainsaw for the very first time on Monday morning at Charlie’s in Welshpool.
- 17-Jul-2018 : The Star Inn, DylifeThe Star Inn is a traditional 17th century drovers’ inn, offering a great selection of food, ales and wine as well as seven en-suite bedrooms for accommodation.
- 02-Mar-2018 : Snow! Shall we go for a walk?A difficult decision to make… stay indoors in the warm and drink hot chocolate or venture out into the Arctic conditions…
- 23-Feb-2017 : Brexit for bees needed as foreign strains dilute purity of Welsh honeybeesThe native bees of Wales are less productive than foreign strains but they are low maintenance and can live frugally in the inhospitable Welsh climate. However keeping strains pure is becoming increasingly difficult as queen bees mate on the wing with imported bees, resulting in aggression and excessive swarming.
- 02-Nov-2016 : Mach has a Web siteMachynlleth is a popular market town at the head of the beautiful Dyfi estuary in Mid Wales and has a population of around 2,000. It has an eclectic mix of facilities for visitors, including arts and crafts, a centre for of renewable energy, mountain bike trails, wonderful scenery, plenty of Welsh history and more.
- 07-Jun-2015 : Machynlleth residents get on their bikes in support of paralysed sportsmanMachynlleth residents will take to their bikes in a bid to raise funds to help a man who was left paralysed after a tree fell on him last year.
- 10-Aug-2014 : Our new blog!Welcome to our new blog! The Web site has been redesigned to make it easier for you to use and for us to update. We shall try to keep this page updated with everything that’s going on at Yr Efail, and information about Kim’s Personal Training, both here and at Machynlleth Leisure Centre. If you want ...